Overrunning alternator pulleys are becoming increasingly popular on many late model passenger cars and light commercial vehicles due to increased alternator loads. Seat heating, air conditioning and other additional accessories require extra electrical power. By adding Micro-V® overrunning alternator pulley to its range, Gates offers all components necessary for a complete overhaul of the accessory belt drive system. The complete range of alternator pulleys covers all major models in the market.
- Allow the use of alternators with increased power output
- Reduce the influence of the alternator mass on the belt drive
- Decrease wear and tear on all belt drive components
- Eliminate belt slip and therefore noise
- Absorb vibrations and fluctuations